Advisory: Partial Reopening of Library Park in Lakeport
Dear Melissa Fulton,
The City of Lakeport is pleased to announce that a portion of Library Park has been reopened to the public. The lakefront area between Third Street and the north end of the Fifth Street parking area can now be used by the public for fishing and other outdoor recreational activities.
The main portion of Library Park between First and Third Streets remains closed due to ongoing construction improvements and other factors including bathroom closures. We are working to reopen this portion of Library Park as soon as possible.
Although a portion of Library Park is reopening, social distancing and other guidelines still apply. We strongly encourage the following for anyone considering a visit:
• Stay at home if you are sick or do not feel well.
• Maintain at least six feet of distance between you and other park visitors.
• Consider bringing a cloth facial mask and wearing it when around other people.
• Prepare for limited or no bathroom access. The City of Lakeport plans to install portable toilets between Third and Fifth Streets for the public’s use in the near future. The temporary portable toilets will be maintained by a private contractor and the City cannot guarantee they will be effectively sanitized. The public should be prepared to use their own hand sanitizer or other disinfectants if they use these facilities.
• Consider visiting earlier in the day so you can adjust plans if a park area is full. The City may be required to limit access if capacity is reached.
• Plan ahead. Plan to bring your own snacks, water and hand sanitizer.
• Carry your trash with you or dispose of it in the appropriate containers to help keep our staff safe and our parks litter-free.
• Overcrowding may cause this portion of Library Park to close again.
• All public boat ramps owned and maintained by the City of Lakeport remain closed per the order of the Lake County Public Health Officer.
Please see our COVID-19 webpage for more information related to the current virus situation: https://www.cityoflakeport.com/covid-19_updates.php