The City of Lakeport is updating the Housing Element of the General Plan to address the State’s requirements for the 2019-2027 planning period and wants your input.
What is a Housing Element?
The Housing Element is a required element of the City’s General Plan and serves as a blueprint for meeting the housing needs of our residents, at all economic levels, and addressing special housing needs. The Housing Element includes the following:
– Population, household, and housing profile that addresses our unique characteristics
– Inventory of sites suitable to accommodate the City’s housing needs allocation
– Assessment of financial and programmatic resources for housing
– Analysis of constraints, both governmental and non-governmental, to housing production
– Goals, policies, and actions to address our current and projected housing needs